Sunday, May 18, 2008

My Closet of..... LEMON JUICE


hello guys~ today I tried an experiment.I was looking online for was to make my hair lighter, but naturally, like with stuff from the earth, no products. So anyway, I found out lemon juice did the trick. My hair was medium brown. I followed these instructions:


1) Put lemon juice in a spray bottle 1/2 lemon juice 1/2 water. (the water helps the hair so the acid in the lemon isn't so harsh on your hair)
2) Spray evenly on hair, so you don't get random lighter spots.
3) Sit/sun bathe in the sun for an hour or two.You can also just spray it and leave it, but make sure you wash and condition it well at the end of the day.
4) When done, wash out your hair well. Condition it too, and let it sit in your hair for about 2-3 minutes. Rinse well.
5) DO NOT blow dry. If there is any acid from the lemon left, the constant heat of the blow dryer WILL dry it out.

I did blow dry after, for it helps the highlight show, and since my hair is very hydrated, It never really gets dry. Well, here are my results. I did the first two steps. I sat outside for about 2 hours with my magazines. It was very cloudy out, and I didn't see a difference, because the lemon juice dried in my hair and it turned dark brown, like when its wet. It felt like haves lemon smelling gel in my hair. Next I took a shower, using Pantene shampoo and conditioner. Than I deep conditioned and wrung out my hair. I blow dried it and it WORKED! Not as much as I wanted it to, for it was cloudy and I didn't have enough lemons. My hair turned a nice shade of lighter brown hair, with golden caramel highlights!
TOODLES NOODLES.

No comments: